- This event has passed.
Dogs: A story of our best friend
08/06/2020 @ 10:00 AM - 02/08/2020 @ 5:00 PM ACST$13
From Monday 8 June Dogs: a story of our best friend will be open every day from 10am–5pm, including weekends and all public holidays.
Finishes Sunday 2 August.
Ages 13 and over $12
Children under 13 FREE (must be accompanied by a paying adult)
Museum Members FREE
Dogs have been a much-loved part of our lives since we began to domesticate them more than 10,000 years ago, but how much do we actually know about our four-legged friends?
What to expect:
- Explore the history of dogs from a scientific/cultural perspective. How did they evolve from wolves to our playful pals?
- Learn about dogs from popular culture, like Snoopy and Lassie!
- Look at a wide array of dog skeletons – the bones have been arranged in accurate order to represent the dog by our taxidermist
- Check out digital interactives explaining the incredible variation in skull shape among dogs and tools for selecting the best dog to match your lifestyle
- Watch short films specifically created for the Museum highlighting the special bonds shared by owners and their dogs
- Exclusive illustrations of a diverse range of different breeds
- Historical and contemporary representations of dogs
Although designed for all ages there is plenty for kids to enjoy. Including:
- Interact with the puppy parade in the North Foyer. Place a puppy on the runway and scan its tag to unleash facts unique to that dog. All plush dogs available to purchase in the Museum Shop to take home!
- Play in the dog kennel
- Crawl through the doggy door
- Find fun facts in the text panels
- Take a selfie in the farm scene
- Explore the activity trail