OMG we checked out Kid and Hub on Magill Road, Maylands this week and it was AMAZING! This is a wonderful space run by a couple of local ladies who have created a magical place to bring your kids. With scheduled activities, a flexible play space, a great café and more, this isn’t a child minding service – its a fantastic place to bring your children and have a great time being there together. We particularly love that you can bring multiple children of different ages to Kid and Hub, and while one might be booked into a formal learning activity, the other can play toy shops with you while you enjoy brunch – everyone’s a winner!
What we loved about Kid and Hub:
- This is not your ‘typical play cafe’ – they have called it a toddler and pre-schoolers ‘Kids Activity Hub’ for a reason. It’s more than just a play cafe, or a great coffee shop or a craft or sports factilitator. Kid & Hub has activities, toys, food, coffee, free play area, takeaway meals (& milk etc), onsite parking and more.
- The awesome range of kids activities that run throughout the week. These are scheduled, pre-booked classes and there is seriously something for every child from baby music and movement to pre-schooler sport, art, yoga and more! With under 10 kids per class the sessions are never too big to be wonderfully personal for the kids, the teacher and you.
- The play café area is delightful – a wonderful, clean, fresh space that I would die to have in my own house. The owners have clearly got kids and know what really works here. The toys are quality, well made equipment that appeal to a wide range of kids and ages. Our kids loved the dressups (think super capes, dinosaurs and tutus), the large kitchen and ‘shop’ setup and the fire station in particular. Oh and the super cute little wooden camera was another huge hit.
- The coffee is awesome – exactly what you really need when you take the kids to a play café – 45min ‘off’ and a great coffee.
- The range of delicious food is perfect. With a selection that includes a kids healthy snack plate for only $6, squeezey yoghurt, fresh fruit, kid-sized toasted panini’s, and delicious cakes (our fave was the lemon tart) we think they have nailed the menu.
- The toilets are new, clean, have a baby change table and family toilet and my fave – they use Thankyou handsoaps and sanitisers that donate 100% of their profits to support great initiatives.
- They let you bring in your own specific food if your child needs it. Unlike most places, Kid & Hub are ok with you bringing in something specific for babies and toddlers who can’t (or won’t!) eat the delicious things on offer at their café. But we do recommend you try their yummy options and it all supports this awesome local business too!
- There is a ramp to the front door and no stairs anywhere so its easy to access with a pram or wheelchair.
We visited on a super hot 40+C day, but despite the hot weather, it was surprisingly pleasant inside, with a number of industrial fans keeping the air moving well. Of course, in wet weather it would be perfect as well – or any other weather really! 🙂
What you need to know
Location: 253A Magill Road Maylands, directly behind Anytime Fitness. Parking on site.
Monday – Thursday 9am – 3:30 pm
Friday & Saturday 9am – 12:30 pm
Activities continue over the school holidays which is another great feature!
Kid & Hub offer a FREE trial session! Go here to their bookings page and choose your activity and session time. From there you’ll be directed to sign up and at the checkout you can select the “free trial” option.
Alternatively, there are several great, flexible membership options for you to consider;
- Ongoing membership = $34 per fortnight which allows your child to attend one session of your choice per week
- Ten pass membership = $180
- Five pass membership = $95
- Casual pass = $22
- Play Hub entry = free for members, otherwise $5 per child over 6 months
Special thanks to Giuliana and Stacey for creating something so special and unique for Adelaide’s children.