Your Spring Staycation awaits at Marion Holiday Park. So what does an actual Staycation mean? Well our good friends at Wikipedia say it is a holiday spent in one’s home country rather than abroad, or one spent at home and involving day trips to local attractions… so here it is a Staycation at the AWESOME Marion Holiday Park
Just like BIG 4 Holiday Parks say in their advertisements – PARK YOUR PRECONCEPTIONS.
So you have driven past the sign on x road for 35 years now (yup they turned 35 years in 2016) but what is actually behind the sign? Well this past weekend I got to check it out! Spring finally came out to say hello with blue skies, got my toe nails painted… I was in holiday mode with just 20 minute drive!
I admit I had my preconceptions of a holiday park before we arrived:
– I would have to pack a lot of STUFF
– Would the kids be bored?
– Do I get to relax? What do I do?
Well Marion Holiday Park, you blew me AWAY…. or should I call you my new holiday pad in Adelaide?
If you’ve never thought of a holiday park in terms of beautiful accommodation, then think again! The quality offered can be compared with an exclusive resort overseas and the value you get you would be paying big bucks for overseas at a fraction of the cost in your backyard. SO lets get you excited for your next staycation in your own backyard at Marion Holiday Park.
So the low down in theme with the Big 4…
The Big 4 Amazing things I loved ….and you will too about Marion Holiday Park
- Location of the Lagoon Outdoor Pool and Waterpark. Poolside Apartments and Lagoon Villas (I stayed in the Lagoon Villas )overlook these awesome areas so you can kid watch from your balcony…(age dependent of course). I delegated hubby to get dunked in the water park as I read my Sunday Mail on the balcony… waving happily and still feeling included BUT really was SO happy to have my feet up with a cuppa. They also had an indoor heated pool which was great while the chilly morning warmed up.
- Playground area – again these folks have really thought about an awesome offering in the play stakes. I was expecting a basic play area but NOPE, could not get the kids off. Great variety of equipment and imagination play for all ages – big slides, little slides, plus a huge bouncy pillow in the shade!
- Great “room service” packs for unorganised parents (like me) who did not think of ahead meal plans. Head to Reception and book a BBQ pack for dinner or a breakfast basket. Such a great concept, great value and convenient! We had the breakfast basket – fresh baked bread, juice, bacon , eggs, cereal & milk and a variety of spreads…. Enjoyed it sitting on the balcony in the sunshine and saved me getting the kiddies in the car – going somewhere – then coming back.
- The accommodation! Stylish with a capital S! Am I in a chic city apartment or a holiday park? Super comfy beds, Farquhar Kitchens, Modern appliances – I was IMPRESSED
The Big 4 things you DON’T need to bring….(thank me later)
- Pool Towels – leave them at home! They have you covered (no pun intended)
- Cooking Stuff – from pots, pans, spatulas, peeler, they have everything if you wanted to cook up a storm
- Sports Toys – again head to reception to borrow items like basketballs and tennis rackets
- Portacots – Thank you! One less thing to stuff in the boot
The Big4 things you may WANT to bring….(your welcome)
- The kids bikes/scooters – great grounds to explore and they have a VERY strict speed limit
- The basics. Depending on your length of stay perhaps grab some staples; bread, juice etc. so you waste no time running to the shops and you can have maximum FUN time
- Bubbles. maybe a cheeky bottle of bubbles once the kids go to bed. I was in resort mode and great to finish the night on my deck with a little fizz.
- Your holiday mode… It may be in the burbs but you would never know it!
The BIG4 things I would have NEVER expected
- Waterproof Security Coded Wrist Tags (everyone gets one) in and out pool areas, gates and accommodation – perfect for safety and security! I loved this idea… mainly because I am always losing keys
- For coffee addicts – Barista Coffee at Reception and coffee machines in your room
- Mini bar (again unorganised parent) and it was not $20.00 for peanuts like hotels!
- Amazing Wifi….great to catch up on some Netflix!
The Big4 things to consider…
- Gather a travelling circus (or friends or relatives may be a better alternative) to share the cost in a larger accommodation option like a Poolside Villa (some sleep up to 8) and can work out more affordable for a group staycation
- Be sure to browse all accommodation options as there are so many to choose from ranging from luxury to low key. Maybe one night you could splurge and the have the remaining nights within your budget
- Pre-planned menu to minimise shopping & feel at home when preparing your meals. Westfield Marion is just around the corner though so no need to panic!
- Book ahead in peak times! Even though you don’t need a passport you need to be organised!
Also, it just gets better with an outdoor beer garden and outdoor big screen coming any day now! A perfect setting for upcoming Grand Final Day (Go Crows) and of course Kids movie screenings on a summer night.
In summary ; my staycation was short in time but long lasting of memories. Mr 4 wants go back to the “hotel” every day since we left, he keeps talking about the swimming pools, the playground, the huge jumping pillow and eating ice cream on the balcony.
Family holidays are fantastic for everyone to reconnect and make memories – far in few in between sometimes and take a lot of planning and organising BUT a staycation in a the same city – no brainer! You can throw some things in the car and be on holiday in a flash with the great location of Marion Holiday Park.
So, these school holidays have a think if a little staycation could be on the agenda and it does not have to be expensive at all – so many varieties to choose from at Marion Holiday Park to suit all budgets !
Details to get in touch are as follows
323 Sturt Road, Bedford Park, SA, 5042
(08) 8276 6695