After suffering a recent pang of full time working Mum guilts. Feeling like I was missing all of my daughters early years sending her to daycare 4 days a week. Wishing that I worked part time instead of full time, and just generally feeling gloomy about my current working situation, I realised that working Mums are kinda like hair dos. You always wish for what you don’t have. So I’ve put together these affirmations, so we can all read them and remember it doesn’t matter what kind of working Mum we are, we’re all doing the best we can with what we’ve got.
And of course there are way more than 7 types of Mum out there, so please let me know in the comments below what kind of working Mum you are, and what your affirmation is.
- To the Mum who works full time as a stay at home Mum. Well done you for surviving the hardest job in the world. Your work is hard, it’s the longest hours of ALL the jobs and it’s exhausting. But it’s also really fun, really rewarding and best of all YOU are THE best person for this job. You’ve worked hard to be able to financially put yourself in this new role so enjoy it!
- To the Mum who went back to work full time when your little one was just a baby, because you HAD to, to pay the bills, well done you for being able to get ALL of that organised every single day. Well done for surviving a full day at work, to then come home and get the evening shift at home done, to then probably be up a few times during the night, to then wake up tomorrow, probably tired, to do it all over again.
- To the Mum who went back to work full time, not so much because she HAD to but because she WANTED to, well done you for having a career that you love. You are teaching your children the importance of hard work and the importance of doing what you love
- To the single Mum, YOU are a LEGEND! I don’t know how you do it but keep on doing it! Some of you do the full time work for two people. That’s A LOT and for the few times I’ve had “work experience” in your job it’s friggen hard bloody work. You’re tireless, you’re amazing.
- To the Mum who works part time, they often say that you’re always unsatisfied. You always feel like you’re doing a half arsed job at home and a half arsed job at work. Well you’re not, you’re doing a great job and you’re the epitome of a multi tasking Queen.
- To the studying Mum. We love that you haven’t switched off your brain after having kids, we love that you’re growing while watching your kids grow. You’re teaching your kids that it’s never too late to learn something new or start something new.
- To the teacher Mum, the daycare Mum, the childcare Mum, the kindy Mum – thank you for looking after our kids like they were your own. We forget sometimes that you’re working Mums too, just like us. We appreciate you endlessly and our kids are better people for knowing you.
- To the Dad’s who can replace the word Mum above with the word Dad. We didn’t forget about you feel free to cut and paste xx