CHEWY ALMOND BUTTER BARS from Simple Nourishment
CHEWY ALMOND BUTTER BARS (makes 12)
Prep: 12 mins Set: 1 hour
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 6 tbs honey
- 4 tbs almond butter
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- 3⁄4 cup almonds roasted
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- LINE a medium baking tin with greaseproof paper. WARM honey and almond butter to soften.
- PLACE dates in food processor and blend until a semi- smooth paste starts to form.
- ADD nuts, oats, coconut and cacao powder. Pulse until just combined.
- POUR in honey/almond mix. Blitz until well mixed. Be careful not to overmix into a non-textured paste.
- PRESS into tray. Mix can be sticky so use wet hands when pressing. Set in fridge.
- Peanut butter or other nut butters can be substituted here.
- Keeps in the fridge for up to 1 week