Whether it’s a bit of extra help in a subject or two or some extended learning for kids who are neededing an extra challenge there are lots of tutoring and further learning opportunities in Adelaide. Here are a few of the best we’ve found.
NumberWorks’nWords provides expert tuition, tailored to meet the learning needs of your child, building their confidence and improving their maths and English results. We spent a term with Mr 6 working on his English and he absolutely loved his weekly sessions. They are fun, professional and in a very welcoming environment that legitimately makes learning fun!
NumberWorks’nWords tuition programs are designed to be both effective and enjoyable. It’s a blend that’s been fine-tuned for decades. Based on SUCCESS, every child feels more confident about themselves as a learner. Their skilled tutors maintain positive interactions with each student, providing constant feedback on progress and awarding certificates for their achievements. It’s amazing how quickly their results – and their attitudes – change when they enjoy the learning experience!
Book a free Maths and English assessment to discover how tutoring can help your child succeed in 2021.
“Find out why I’m good at maths and love reading!”
At Kumon, students begin study at a level that allows them to build confidence from day one.
Students progress through the programmes based on their ability rather than their age. Over time, students can study advanced material confidently and independently for success in school and everyday life.
The Kumon Mathematics and English programmes develop:
- calculation ability and reading ability
- a daily study and reading habit
- the confidence to learn independently.
Contact your local Kumon Centre to hear how we can support your child’s learning.
Stream Online Coding & Robotics Tutorials For Kids
Do your kids love coding and all things tech?
Access the #1 educational video streaming service in coding & robotics for kids.
Stream fun and engaging video tutorials covering game development, Minecraft hacks, ROBLOX, website design, robotics with artificial intelligence, animation and more…
Follow step-by-step video tutorials from anywhere using any device. Best of all, you get a 7-day FREE trial!
GET YOUR FREE TRIAL TODAY
Chess School SA is a leading provider of chess coaching services in Adelaide, South Australia.
They teach chess in Adelaide Metro and in South Australian Country Schools with a friendly positive manner making learning chess easy and great fun.
- Chess club for kids real life
- Chess Club for kids online
- School Holiday chess programs
- Chess coaching in Adelaide schools
- Chess classes and workshops for libraries
- Chess classes for OSHC
- Chess Incursions or one-day Workshops for country schools
- Organizing Interschool chess competitions
- Private chess lessons at the student’s home or by Skype.
Are your children struggling with maths? As Australia’s #1 online maths tutoring program for kids of all ages, MathsOnline makes learning maths easy and simple. Each one of the video tutorials is taught by the internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray. He is renowned for teaching math concepts in a simple, easy-to-understand way (and in only a few minutes at a time). Even students who struggled with maths are getting fantastic results! And ones who were doing OK before are now doing brilliantly. After watching the video tutorials, students practice what they have learned as the adaptive program introduces progressively harder quizzes and worksheets. Detailed solutions show step-by-step how to solve each problem; this way, students can see any mistakes and understand what needs to happen next time. MathsOnline uses a multi-sensory approach to ensure retention plus detailed progress reports, adds up to a whole lot less stress when it’s maths time for both you and your kids!
What you can expect.
- Your child can learn maths at their own pace.
- The ability to pause, rewind or repeat a lesson until you really get it.
- Available anywhere, anytime and on any device!
- You can complete worksheets and interactive questions to test your understanding.
- Best of all, MathsOnline offers a 12-month money-back guarantee on all memberships!
REM+ Tuition offers Adelaide students of all ages face-to-face tuition in small groups. Classes are organised by year group and subject, and are available for pre-school children, primary school pupils and secondary school students. There are also a range of specialist courses and short courses available throughout the academic year and during school holidays.
Students at REM+ Tuition are given support and guidance by trained and experienced teachers in a setting that most schools simply can’t provide. Pupils of all ages receive personalised support in a positive environment that also allows them the space to work independently. Our range of tuition and short courses includes:
- Specialist Year 11 and 12 Tuition, including English, Literary Studies, Essential Maths, General Maths, Maths Methods, Specialist Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Research Project;
- Pre-school reading program;
- Ignite program and scholarships;
- Comprehension and Critical Thinking Skills; and
- Creative Writing