Find it at: St Kilda Rd, St Kilda
For those who grew up in Adelaide, you’d probably have been out St Kilda Adventure Playground when you were a kid, but have you been back since 2015?
It’s got all the awesome stuff that I remember from my childhood, and more… and green grass, less dust, water, shade and well, it’s just BIGGER AND BETTER than I remember too!
St Kilda’s huge makeover was completed in 2015 with a brand new metal/mesh 3 storey castle on one hill complete with 3 metal slides a completely renovated ‘Volcano’ with 4 slides on the other hill and in between a whole range of swings, slides, flying foxes, climbing nets and equipment toddlers right up to teenagers will enjoy
- The HUGE old school metal slide from my childhood is still there, but there are also a bunch of other new metal slides now too – remember to bring your own slippery blanket, hessian sack or similar to slide on if you’re a thrill seeker
- 1 big BIG flying fox for the older kids, and one smaller one perfect for primary kids. The big one is epic…..possibly the best one in S.A?
- A completely new metal castle (where the old wooden one used to be) on top of the hill looking out across the whole playground which has a bunch of slides of various heights.
- A maze
- Liberty swing and a wheelchair accessible slide,
- Really big ‘little kids’ play structure with multiple slides, steps, ramps, naughts & crosses,
- Sandpit diggers,
- The big old wooden pirate ship down on the water is still there, that the kids can climb into and on (unfortunately this is closed for repair due to damage in December 2021)
- A whole range of swings of all sizes
- Shade structures, grassed areas, tree planting, mulched garden beds, garbage bins, water fountain, BBQs, toilets and some lighting!
- The tram stop is now open right at the Playground and I believe the trams will now run again on weekends and holidays from the nearby tram museum.
- There is a kiosk about 500m away if you need food, drinks and icecreams, plus PLENTY of space for picnics.
We’ll let the photos do the rest of the talking – in short though: Take the kids, young and old, it’s great!
Open all day, every day!
Find it on St Kilda Rd, St Kilda