TreeClimb offers a unique BYO party celebration in their outdoor aerial adventure playground. Bring a picnic and enjoy the parklands while your party flies overhead on zip-lines!
TreeClimb has its very own cafe serving various treats and drinks, however, TreeClimb as a venue has no food catering restrictions – meaning you can cater your own party and bring your own food with you!
Suitable for groups as small as 2 or as large as 30 (split into 2 safety training groups of 15) on either ‘Kids Course’ or ‘Grand Course’.
We recently held a fantastic party at TreeClimb for 12 kids aged 5 to 9 years old and the entire experience was heaps of fun for the kids and seamless and easy for the adults too! All the kids had a fantastic time and it was amazing to see their confidence grow throughout the afternoon as they took on and conquered each challenge on the courses.
Prices start from just $29/pp and include 80 minutes or 2 hours of fun on the course (including the safety briefing). Party goers will have their safety harness and helmets fitted, take part in a safety briefing and undertake guided hands-on training with guides to ensure they know to get on and off the course. Once that’s all taken care of they are free to enjoy the rest of their session by completing as many paths through the course as they can! Our kids managed around 7-8 crossings on the 3 different Children’s Course options and all had a great time, only stopping briefly for a quick drink and then dashing back up the stairs to go again!
There are 2 courses available for TreeClimb Parties – the Children’s Course and the Grand Course. The Children’s Course is specifically designed for young people between 100-135cm tall no matter what age, and we have had kids from 3 years old successfully complete the course when we have been on there. We set up our party directly underneath the Children’s Course so that parents could support their children from the ground, which helps to reassure kids on there for the first time. If anyone gets scared or needs help there are also a number of trained guides on hand to support and help anyone who needs it. The Children’s Course has a range of challenges spread over 3 different route choices that climbers can work their way up to. For anyone over 135cm, you’ll be able to take part in conquering the Grand Course, with higher, longer course options and a range of exhilarating challenges for everyone. Even adults are challenged and enjoy the adrenaline-inducing Grand Course and have a great time – it’s not just fun for the kids!
Tips for enjoying a TreeClimb Party:
- Book early – there are a limited number of spots on each course at one time so you’ll need to book early if you want to bring a group.
- Be sure to visit the area in the days/weeks prior to the party so that you have a good idea of where you want to setup on the day. For younger children, try to setup underneath the Children’s Course so that parents can support their children from the ground – especially on the first few rounds when the kids need the most support. Once they get going they are usually fine to race through the courses by themselves.
- If they haven’t been before, the party boy or girl may want to have a practice on the course before their party so they are more comfortable on the day.
- Access to each course is determined by height, so be sure to know the approximate height of those attending as if one child is significantly shorter or taller than the rest of the group then you may run into trouble if they aren’t able to access the same course as the others. All our 5-9 year olds were fine on the junior course. Taller kids or those age approx. 10/11 years and older would likely be over 135cm and suited to the Grande Course.
- Ensure you advise all the party goers to arrive early in time for bathroom breaks and harness fitting so there is no delay getting on to the course. They’ll also need enclosed shoes and long hair tied back. Parking can often be tight in the area on the weekends so aiming to arrive 20mins before the party start time allows for any parking trouble too.
- On the day get there early to get a good location to set up. There is plenty of shade, and you want to be in a position where party guests can easily identify your group on arrival (noting that there are sometimes other parties underway at the same time).
- Bring picnic rugs, foldable tables, chairs and all food and drinks – streamers, helium balloons and signs all help identify your party group to others.
- You might consider having some food and games with the group prior to going on the course, so to ensure everyone will be there on time and ready to go. You can always keep the cake until after the party goers come off the course to celebrate at the end.
- Consider whether your party will be a ‘drop and go’ party or whether the parents are expected to stay. If they are staying, TreeClimb does great coffee and snacks, but you may want to BYO other items for both parents and the party going children.
- There is lots of space around the parklands so after the time on the course finishes, you might like to encourage games in the area or even bike riding on the BMX tracks just 50m away.
- Please remember to bring a large garbage bag and take all your rubbish home with you to ensure the Parklands stay clean and safe for everyone.
TreeClimb has a number of optional extras for party goers that include gift packs, organiser packs (that include coffee!), and picnic blankets. We also bought the adults a drink while they watched the kids on the course, and after they came down all the kids had an ice block from the TreeClimb Hut to cool down – a real treat after expending a lot of energy on the course! If you’re opting for the least work possible option I would simply bring a table and chairs and enjoy a coffee while the kids are out on the course. When they are done they can enjoy an ice block and cold drink from the Hut and maybe grab a box of cupcakes and candles to finish the celebration! Treeclimb parties are parties done right!
For more information about birthday parties at TreeClimb and to book visit