Move over Tarzan, TreeClimb Adelaide is calling all energetic, outdoors loving adventurers – young and old! Kids from 3 years old, adults, thrill-seekers, nature enthusiasts and curious adventurers can walk, climb and swing your way around the elevated tree-walk courses, 70 obstacles and heaps of zip lines at both locations. You seriously need to check out TreeClimb – it is FUN, MASSIVE and IMPRESSIVE.
A session at TreeClimb Adelaide is the perfect way to spend a day while you are staying in the city (check out our Family Weekend in Adelaide City itinerary!), or head in to meet up with friends and take your kids for a day of fun! You really can make a day of it – take a picnic rug and chairs (or snag one of the tables), take your own food or buy from the cafe and enjoy!
TreeClimb Adelaide honestly feels like you are in the middle of the countryside, but if you are looking for a TreeClimb adventure out of the city, check out TreeClimb Kuitpo Forest
TreeClimb Kids Course
The Kids Course has 21 tree top activities, over 3 levels, allowing climbers to progressively complete the courses (including Zip Lines!). The TreeClimb crew are there to offer training and guidance, however at times there is nothing better than parental support and encouragement from the ground. The Kids Course is for climbers with a minimum height of 100cm.
Just be aware that adults don’t do the Kids Course (keep reading for info on the Grand Course!) – we suggest booking the Kids Course and the Grand Course at different times (maybe with a break for food in between!) so you can watch and encourage your kids while they are having their turn.
The kids get an 80 minute session which includes harnessing, a safety briefing and go on the practice course first.
TreeClimb Grand Course:
The Grand Course has 5 progressively challenging obstacle courses set in the tree tops, featuring zip-lines and an exhilarating Tarzan swing, (Don’t panic if the Tarzan swing seems a bit scary – the fabulous staff are right there to guide you through it!)
The Adelaide Grand Course consists of 52 challenges and is designed for thrill seekers and active adventurers of all abilities. Divided into 5 different levels of difficulty, each aerial or tree top path offers a fun and interactive set of challenges for every individual. Start with the Green course after passing the practice course, progress to the Blue, Red and then challenge yourself on the Black course. Each course ends with a Zip Line…..wheeeeee!
The Grand Course is for those with a minimum height of 135cm and a max weight of 120kg. Gloves must be worn.
You get 2 hours to complete the Grand Course, which includes harnessing, a safety briefing and a turn on the practice course to make sure you’re confident and ready to go!
Accessibility at TreeClimb Adelaide
TreeClimb welcomes all climbers including those with varying physical and/or intellectual disabilities providing a safe and welcoming environment in which everyone can climb and have an opportunity to reach their full potential in the trees. Treeclimb encourage everyone to give it a go, however for some disabilities access to the course is simply not possible. If you’re unsure whether this applies to you please get in touch with the TreeClimb crew and they’ll be happy to go through the options. Companion Card holders can access Free Admission for their accompanied support. The eco hut has full wheelchair access as well as an accessible toilet.
There’s also an on-site cafe so you can enjoy a coffee and snack before or after your climb. Spectators are also more than welcome – you don’t need to be climbing to visit. Dogs are welcome on leash too!
Things to know before you go
- You need to book – TreeClimb is a popular place, especially in the school holidays and on weekends. They only allow a certain number of people on the course at a time so that there isn’t congestion and your experience is highly enjoyable. Book ahead to guarantee your spot for the best times. Click here to book online
- New to ropes? No worries! On arrival you’ll be harnessed up by a trained staff member and be run through a video training course. You’ll also have a practice upstairs on the platform before you head off. This includes kids who have their own special training area with mini flying fox!
- You CAN enjoy TreeClimb if you’re scared of heights. Some of the KiA team have always had a strong fear of heights but didn’t let that get in the way of an awesome afternoon at TreeClimb, so don’t let it stop you either. You should however, know that it IS high up in the trees and some of the obstacles are scary! If it’s your first time, try going at a quieter time (call for advice) and with a supportive friend – and you’ll be amazed at the chance to overcome your fears.
- Little Kids Can Enjoy Too: Kids big and small can enjoy TreeClimb including those as young as 3 years old as long as they are over 100cm tall. You will be surprised how quickly the littlies get the hang of it and they will have just as much fun as the big kids! Adults don’t do the Kids Course, but you can still be nearby to support them from the ground and of course grab some photos! The fantastic staff are always close by to help out if needed.
- Yep, you can have a birthday party at TreeClimb – click here for everything you need to know!
As well as all the adrenalin pumping fun, TreeClimb Adelaide also has an educational trail which helps users learn all about the history of the Adelaide and parklands.
They offer parties (see more info here), school groups and corporate adventures.
PRICING (as of 1st September 2022)
Grand Course – General admission $42.00
Grand Course – Student admission $38.00
Kids Course – Children’s admission $32.00
Can we just say that gift vouchers from TreeClimb make epic birthday and Christmas gifts? Buy here
For more info and to book online visit www.treeclimb.com.au