Looking for an outdoor adventure in the countryside? Look no further than TreeClimb Kuitpo Forest! Just like the Adelaide TreeClimb It offers heaps of treetop fun, with ropes challenges, a zipline over the Heysen Trail and options for the whole family including the Kids Course, Grand Course, Family Experience and soon to open Nets Experience.
The Kuitpo Forest location is on Brookman Road just down from the Chookarloo Campground – it’s around a 15 minute drive from McLaren Vale or approximately 50 minutes by car from Adelaide. Read on to find out how much fun you can have at TreeClimb Kuitpo Forest!
If you want to have your TreeClimb experience in the city, check out our TreeClimb Adelaide page.
TreeClimb Kuitpo Kids Course
The kids course has 26 tree top activities, over 2 levels, allowing climbers to progressively complete the courses (including ziplines!). Adults don’t do the Kids Course, however the TreeClimb crew are there to offer training and guidance and your littlies will love to have your encouragement from the ground.
The Kids Course is for climbers between 100 and 135cm tall. The kids get 80 minutes to climb, which includes harnessing, a safety briefing and a turn on the practice course.
If you are keen to climb as a family, give the Family Course a go, where parents and kids over 125cm can climb together. Click here for more info.
TreeClimb Kuitpo Grand Course + Zip Loop
The Grand Course is designed for thrill seekers and active adventurers of all abilities. The Kuitpo Grand Course is set across 4 levels, with 59 progressively challenging obstacles, featuring zip-lines and an exhilarating Tarzan Swing, Don’t worry if the Tarzan Swing makes you a bit nervous, the staff will be right there to talk your through it. Each course ends with a zipline…..wheeeeee!
Speaking of ziplines – the Pink Course includes 9 breathtaking ziplines through the amazing Kuitpo Forest.
The Grand Course is for those with a minimum height of 135cm and a max weight of 120kg. Gloves are mandatory. You get two hours to do as much of the Grand Course as you can – you really will see a different side to Kuitpo Forest!
TreeClimb Kuitpo Nets Adventure
A FIRST of its kind in South Australia!
Introduced as a post-climb activity OR an activity for those who might not be ready or able to give our main courses a go. With an UNLIMITED duration, you really can make the most of your time at TreeClimb! Add the Nets Course at time of booking or on arrival.
Whether you’re climbing with the littlies or you just want to release your inner-child, this is the course for you. An inclusive course for the whole family!
This course is recommended POST climb. If you wish to make a day of it, book your climb early and finish the day crawling, walking and wobbling through the nets.
Kuitpo TreeClimb has an on-site cafe so you can enjoy a coffee and snack before or after your climb. Spectators are also more than welcome – you don’t need to be climbing to visit. There is also a great nature play area with logs and teepees for little ones, so if they are too short to climb, they can still play! Dogs are welcome on-leash.
Things to know before you go
- You need to book – TreeClimb is a popular place, especially in the school holidays and on weekends. They only allow a certain number of people on the course at a time so that there isn’t congestion and your experience is highly enjoyable. Book ahead to guarantee your spot for the best times. Click here to book online
- New to ropes? No worries! On arrival you’ll be harnessed up by a trained staff member and be run through a video training course. You’ll also have a go on the practice course before you head off to make sure you are feeling confident.
- You CAN enjoy TreeClimb if you’re scared of heights. Some of the KiA team have always had a strong fear of heights but didn’t let that get in the way of an awesome afternoon at TreeClimb, so don’t let it stop you either. You should however, know that it IS high up in the trees and some of the obstacles are scary! If it’s your first time, try going at a quieter time (call for advice) and with a supportive friend – and you’ll be amazed at the chance to overcome your fears.
- Little Kids Can Enjoy Too: Kids big and small can enjoy TreeClimb including those as young as 3 years old as long as they are over 100cm tall. You will be surprised how quickly the littlies get the hang of it and they will have just as much fun as the big kids! Adults don’t do the Kids Course, but you can still be nearby to support them from the ground and of course grab some photos! The fantastic staff are always close by to help out if needed.
- To reduce fire risk and ensure public safety, Kuitpo Forest is closed to all visitors on days of Total Fire Ban, this includes TreeClimb. Fire danger ratings and bans are declared by the Country Fire Service (CFS) after 4pm on the day before the rating is to take effect, and published on their website. If you have a booking on the day of a Total Fire Ban, TreeClimb will contact you by email the night before. If you would like to reschedule ahead of time, please contact us during office hours 9am – 3pm the day before. For fire ban information phone 1800 362 361 or visit the CFS website. Being aware of a potential closure is your responsibility.
- Yep, you can have a birthday party at TreeClimb – click here for everything you need to know!
PRICING (as of 1st September 2022)
Grand Course – General admission $42.00
Grand Course – Student admission $38.00
Kids Course – Children’s admission $32.00
Nets Adventure – $15.00
Can we just say that gift vouchers from TreeClimb make epic birthday and Christmas gifts? Buy here
They offer parties (see more info here), school groups and corporate adventures.
Visit their website for more info www.treeclimb.com.au