I nearly bought a house opposite this reserve three years ago – I wish I did because this new playground is AWESOME with a capital A. It oozes imagination, creativity and huge spaces for sports play. I think it will be one of my new favourites in the west!
Firstly, lets highlight that this playground is an inclusive play space – HUGE kudos so that all abilities can enjoy with custom designed equipment by Willplay, their first wheelchair accessible play space.
5 Great things I loved about this Playground
- Easy Street Parking and not metered
- Big Oval with soccer goals for a run around and picnic rugs in the sunshine
- Toilets onsite
- BBQ facilities (small area and shaded)
- Tennis Court
5 Awesome Playground Features include
- Interactive game stations
- Toddler and Baby Swings
- Castles, Pirate Ships and rock wall climbing – so many imaginative play spaces
- Ramps for limited mobility
5 Tips to consider
- No Shade Areas over main play area at time of visit (Saturday 12th August)
- If keen for a BBQ – get there early to get your spot !
- Limited ease of Pram walkways to move between the different play areas
- Limited seating areas for Adults
- The Pirates and Princesses may not want to leave their castle and ship!
Allenby Gardens Reserve Accessible Playground
Where: 21 Lewanick St, Allenby Gardens SA 5009