Find it at: Winchester Street, St Peters
**NOW OPEN 1st DECEMBER 2023**
This wonderful new playground upgrade includes new adventure-themed play equipment, toilets, picnic and BBQ facilities and park furniture. With an official launch to be held on Saturday 3rd Feb 2024, you can actually come and play already! There is a little bit of bunting and some flags to be mindful of for now, and we will return again for some more images when these are removed.
The Dunstan Adventure Playground is full of excellent equipment for adventurous kids. A lot of the equipment is aimed at older children though, so your kids will need to feel pretty confident, the slide is beyond huge and kids will need their balance for this play space as there is a lot of climbing opportunities. For the younger kids there’s still the normal climbing equipment, swings and monkey bars.
- The extra super-sized slide (one million of you will tell us ‘it gets too hot’ and we will answer, ‘go early in the morning’, all playgrounds honestly get hot, although more shade is always appreciated, it would be impossible to shade this epic slide)
- The suspended wobble footbridge
- The flying fox, because they are always a favourite
- Water Play
- Mini trampolines
- Gigantic swings
The playground is in a super location, right on a hill along the Linear Park trail, next to the River Torrens. Of course, this means you will have to be more careful when supervising as there is water close by. The park does offer some shady spots, grassed area, benches and picnic area. It’s also close to the O-Bahn rail for those bus/train obsessed children! Feeding the ducks on the Torrens is also an option (please oats or sultanas, never bread.)
Things to know:
- Slide can get hot on a hot day
- Careful supervision near the river needed
- Toilets are here now
- There is a lot of steep climbing that won’t suit toddlers