Where: Winchester Street, St Peters
The Dunstan Adventure Playground is full of excellent equipment for adventurous kids. Some of the equipment is aimed at older children though, so your kids will need to feel pretty confident in their balance with some of the activities available in the playground. For the younger kids there’s still the normal climbing equipment, a smaller slide, swings and monkey bars.
Things to try include:
- A super-sized slide (which can get pretty hot so beware the burned bottom on a hot day!)
- A suspended wobble footbridge
- A flying fox
The playground is in a super location, right on a hill along the Linear Park trail, next to the River Torrens. Of course, this means you will have to be more careful when supervising as there is water close by. The park does offer some shady spots, grassed area, benches and picnic area. It’s also close to the O-Bahn rail for those bus/train obsessed children! Feeding the ducks on the Torrens is also an option.
Things to know:
- Slide can get hot on a hot day
- Careful supervision near the river needed
- NO toilet facilities here.