This park was renovated in 2015 and it still looks great. It’s in a really nice big open space next to Payneham Oval and surrounded by trees and covered in nice green grass. The playground has shade sails over the main play areas but definitely make sure you bring your hat and sunscreen because there are lots of open areas to play.
The playground is not fully fenced BUT it’s easy to watch your kids from all angles and the streets on each side are quiet so not too much of a worry.
The park has a jigsaw theme and the range of equipment has something for everyone from toddlers to older kids.
Sand area with digger, water play and a climbing wall
Hill area with slide, rope bridge and climbing ropes
Main playground area with climbing ropes, bridge, poles, slide,
Swings including a disabled swing with frame and handles, toddler swing and a nest swing
Water play with a pump, trough & water channel
Active play fitness equipment
This park is made for a birthday party. With two undercover bench and table areas and two BBQs (nice clean ones) you could cook up a mean sausage sizzle. There are toilets with disabled access and also a filtered water fountain.
What we loved about this park
- It’s really clean and well maintained.
- New, clean toilet facilities with disabled access.
- Disabled swing
- Filtered drinking water fountain
- Two shelters with BBQ facilities
- Half court basketball court and LOTS of space for a run, kick of the ball, game of tag.
- Lots of different equipment and places to play. Great for kids of all ages.
- Workout equipment for older kids or adults to get some exercise while the kids are having a play
- Lots of parking
What it’s missing….. Not much to be honest. It’s a great park!
Located on the corner of John and Arthur Streets in Payneham. Lots of parking available.