This playground has been recently upgraded and includes some great new features!
- Flying fox (ideal for 3+, it has a bit of a jolt at the end, so make sure little hands can hold on)
- Baby and toddler swings, plus “big kids” swing and swinging basket
- 2 playground structures, one aimed more at 1-3 year olds and one for 3+
- A ‘spinning wheel’ with 3 grip bars that the kids spent AGES on. A big hit!
Key features we also liked were…
- Bike path running from Glenelg (or further south if you’re keen!) to Henley (or further north if you’re very fit!)
- Lots of space to park
- Plenty of grass to enjoy a picnic upon and some benches to rest, breast feed etc.
- Easy access directly to beautiful West beach
Things to note:
- The toilets are located a short walk from the playground, which is something to think about if you have multiple children or a toilet training toddler who needs to go “NOW!”
- Make sure you pack hats as there’s minimal shade over the flying fox, swings and grassy area