Santa’s Wonderland 2022 delivers more Christmas magic than Mary her self, and definitely brings more joy than the three wise men…. I mean Myrrhh? What new Mum on the planet has a use for tree sap? But I digress, back to the show ground.
Honestly we LOVE this epic event, our kids go nuts for it and the current season is no exception. Set in the much roomier ‘Jubes Pav’ this year (that’s the Jubilee Pavilion, not some cake/pavlova hybrid that Amanda Blair baked up when the Adelaide Show cancelled). You’ll need to know this because entry is via the Kidman Gates off Greenhill Rd, not Goodwood Road like previous years.
As always, tickets include a three hour session with unlimited rides, ice skating, tobogganing and an exciting activity trail that includes a heap of cute Christmas themed ‘selfie stops’. Throw in some roving entertainers and a couple of all new stage shows for the win.
A bit like the age old argument of how to build a taco, our team don’t agree on what order to tackle this mammoth event. Here’s my take on it, do the activity and selfie trail first. Take a quick bathroom and snack break and then hit the rides and finish with ice skating. This way if you get wet it won’t matter. The main point is – have a plan to use your time efficiently or the kids will pull you in every different direction and you might miss out on things. Three hours will fly. Ensure the kids are in easy on off shoes for the inflatables, but don’t forget socks if you plan to skate. Where are the Germans at? It’s a crocs and socks kinda gig if you feel me.
While on the topic of the three hour cram, you can select to book (and pay) in advance (or on the day subject availability) for Santa photos while you are attending the event. We opt out, because #MaxRideTime, but for some families it’s convenient and the photos we saw looked professional and lovely.
Good to know you can take in your own drinks and snacks + there is a good selection of food available in the room, along with coffee and slushies plus other sweet treats for sale. Nutella filled donuts were an absolute winner.
You will find some new additions to the event this year with a large light up ‘gift’ to walk through and admire , and an over sized silver shimmery Christmas deco has been added to the room for another pretty snap opportunity. Both are pictured, above and below. ‘Make your own bag of reindeer food for Christmas Eve’ also has a cute addition of fresh carrots thanks to Pick a Local.
We missed the oversized snow domes from previous years that the kids could get inside this year, makes complete sense though – small space and all v’s covid-y times. Additionally we welcomed the new Activity Trail Stop #9 sponsored by Nova 919, and although it was just more colouring – we stuck it in our bag to take home and complete, because there is $500 up for grabs if you take a picture and tag them! Pretty sure there are guest appearances and other giveaways.
The all new stage shows looked fun and interactive and provide a chance for the kids to see Santa. Featuring some new sponsorship from local icon Menz Fruchocs, there are loads of Fruchoc boxes being given away every week too!
Got a pram? Some families chose to park their prams near the cafe, while others had no worries freely moving about with them. There’s plenty of room and Santa’s Wonderland have an excellent reputation for limiting their session sizes to ensure no long wait times either. We never had to wait more than a few minutes to get on rides or activities, if at all.
Keep in mind mid week sessions will always be a little bit quieter, a handy option given the upcoming school holidays. Weekends are selling fast, with some already sold out.
This is a covid safe event and the effort was notable kids had to hand sanitise before every ride. Masks are mandatory for over 12yo and staff, unless they are instructing, educating or broadcasting, as per SA Health guidelines. You will be required to QR code on entry.
• All adults and children aged 2 years & above require an ENTRY ticket (children under 2 years old are FREE and do not require an entry ticket).
UNLIMITED FREE RIDES
• Dodgem Cars – Family Favourite
• Dragon Wagon Coaster (Family)
• Ride on Motor Bikes (Children)
• Convoy Trucks (Children)
• Super Planes (Family)
• Elephant Train Ride (Family)
• Santa Fe Train (Children)
• Christmas Inflatable Jumping Castle Zone (Children)
• Ice Wonderland obstacle course (Children)
• Candy Land Bouncy Castles (Children)
• Ride on Reindeers (Children)
TRADITIONAL FAMILY CHRISTMAS LAND
• Christmas Story Telling with Mrs Christmas
• Write a Personal Letter to Santa & Mail It
• Santa’s Giant Red Sleigh Photo Prop.
• Magic Reindeer Food Stables
• Little Artist Christmas Play
• Ride on Reindeer Coral with Rudolf & Friends
• Christmas Inflatable Jumping Castle Zone
• Amusement Rides
• National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant Floats
• Santa’s Wonderland Giant Christmas Tree
• Unlimited Ice Skating (Giant 30m x 15m Rink)
• Giant Inflatable Snow Dome Selfie Station
• Ice Wonderland’s obstacle course
• Ice Maiden Winter Wonderland Family Photo Stop
• Giant Ice Lights Christmas Tree
• Light-up Walk through Christmas Baubles
• Polar Bears, Penguins & Arctic Foxes
• Candyland Inflatable Jumping Castles
• Personalize a Christmas BAUBLE Stop
• Candyland’s Giant CANDYLAND tree
• Candy Cane and Gingerbread Men Selfie Stop
• Free Take Home Candy Cane
• Amusement Rides
• Main stage entertainment
• Candyland’s sweet treats to eat (not a free inclusion)
THE CHRISTMAS ACTIVITY TRAIL
• STOP 01: Santa’s Sleigh with FREE Christmas Selfie Props
• STOP 02: Write a Letter to Santa and post in Santa’s Mail Box
• STOP 03: Little Artist Christmas Play (Free Colouring Sheets & Crayons)
• STOP 04: Bauble Zone with FREE personalised Christmas Bauble
• STOP 05: Relf the Elf—ELF YOUR SELF Selfie Station
• STOP 06: Magic Reindeer Food Stables with Free Reindeer Food
• STOP 07: Christmas Story Telling with Mrs Christmas and Free Christmas card
• STOP 08: Candy Cane & Gingerbread Man Family Selfie Zone collect a FREE candy cane
• STOP 09: NEW ACTIVITY- Nova 919
• STOP 10: Ice Wonderland Snow Queen Family Selfie Zone
ALL NEW LIVE ENTERTAINMENT STAGE SHOWS
This year we have a brand-new entertainment line up! Featuring all your favourite Christmas carols and favourite characters! Kids will be invited to interact and immerse themselves with the characters and performers like never before and guaranteed to be as educational as it is entertaining! Our loveable Christmas characters will help kids navigate themselves in Santa’s Wonderland famous Activity Trail, we’ve set some brand-new challenges to make it even more fun for everyone! Help Rudolf feed his reindeer friends, create a winter wonderland, join the selfie competition, socially distanced dancing and much much more!
Plus, you will meet your favourite Christmas characters including:
• Frosty the Snowman
• Chrissy the Christmas Fairy
• Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
• Santa’s Elves
• The North Pole Christmas Penguin
and of course…SANTA CLAUS!