Kids in Adelaide have ticked this magical Christmas event off of our list for another year, and yep it really is bigger and better than ever before. Fair to say we love it even more than Christmas lollies. That’s a big call. It was fun, easy and yep, really good value! Highlights the kids in my company aged 5, 8 and 9 years old included the free activity trail, selfie opportunities galore, rides, rides, rides and more rides, and the snow at entry and closing time. My five year old still thinks this is the ACTUAL North Pole. Job done Santa’s Wonderland!
Most people wonder what on earth would keep them busy for 3 hours – but we actually could have spent longer it was that entertaining and engaging. With three kids in tow on my own, I actually could have used another hour. We missed a few things, so my advice is chat your kids about not time wasting and stick to some kind of order on the activity trail (my crew just wanted to go here there and every where next – drawn in three different directions by the bright lights!)
We attended on opening day and again, it went off with out a hitch. It is a really well run event, with nicely limited session numbers so you really are not wasting time in long line ups and the like.
We had tickets to the 2pm session and parking was easy peasy and free in nearby streets. I packed a few apples to keep us going, but good to know there were several onsite options available. No one was keen to sit still for too long to eat. Some seating is provided and my tip for the Mums & Dads is the coffee near the stage show was pretty good and the chocolate dipped strawberries are worth it at the food outlet end.
Your ticket price includes a three hour session of free and unlimited access to all of last year’s most popular activities and rides as well as some exciting new additions. Some of the favourite and new National Pharmacies Christmas pageant floats are on display too so that was pretty cool. Every one loved the free ‘activity trail’ show-bag and we quickly filled ours with selfie props, reindeer food, Christmas decorations and all sorts to take home. We loved Mrs Christmas and all of the ‘elfie & selfie’ opportunities around the trail.
Tickets should be purchased online, in advance, as sessions will sell out (plus the door price goes up by a few bucks). You will easily fill three hours with loads of entertainment, and free unlimited child friendly rides – our kids LOVED the Reindeer Race, Tobogganing and Dragon Roller Coaster best. Also included are unlimited ice skating and toboggan slides in ‘Ice Wonderland’, jumping castles, Christmas letter writing and HEAPS MORE including live stage shows in every session. There are so many beautiful settings for photos and actual falling snow at the end!
We really enjoyed our family visit to Santa’s Wonderland – the kids had a blast and loved the multitude of rides, shows and activities during our time. Santa’s Wonderland – add it to your Christmas traditions www.santaswonderland.com.au the value is amazing and the event has daily sessions until (including) 24th December. Absolute ten out of ten – you wont find a more magical Christmas experience any where.
The information below is taken from Santa’s Wonderland website for full inclusion information:
UNLIMITED FREE RIDES
• Dodgem Cars – Family Favourite (Back by Popular Demand!)
• Dragon Wagon Coaster (Family Ride)
• Ride on Motor Bikes (Children’s Ride)
• Convoy Trucks (Children’s Ride)
• Super Planes (Family Ride)
• Elephant Train Ride (Family Ride)
• Santa Fe Train (Children’s Ride)
• Christmas Inflatable Jumping Castle Zone (Children’s Activity)
• Ice Wonderland Ball Crawl (Children’s Activity)
• Candy Land Bouncy Castles (Children’s Activity)
• Ride on Reindeers (Children’s Ride)
TRADITIONAL FAMILY CHRISTMAS LAND
• Christmas Story Telling with Mrs Christmas
• Write a Personal Letter to Santa & Mail It
• Santa’s Giant Red Sleigh Photo Opportunity with FREE take home Christmas selfie props.
• Magic Reindeer Food Stables – Back by popular demand!
• Little Artist Christmas Play with Free Painting Art Sheet
• Ride on Reindeer’s Coral with Rudolf & Friends
• Christmas Inflatable Jumping Castle Zone
• Amusement Rides
• National Pharmacies Christmas pageant floats (Floats TBA)
• Santa’s Wonderland Giant Christmas Tree
• Unlimited Ice Skating (Giant 30 m x 15m Rink)
• Unlimited Ice Toboggan Slides
• Giant Inflatable Snow Dome Selfie Station
• Ice Wonderland’s Ball Crawl obstacle course
• Ice Maiden Winter Wonderland White Sleigh Family Photo Stop
• Giant Ice Lights Christmas Tree
• Light-up Walk through Christmas Baubles
• Polar Bears, Penguins & Arctic Foxes
• Candyland Inflatable Jumping Castles
• Personalize a Christmas BAUBLE Stop
• Candyland’s Giant CANDYLAND tree
• Candy Cane and Gingerbread Men Selfie Stop
• Free Take Home Candy Cane
• Amusement Rides
• Main stage entertainment
• Candyland sweet treats to eat (not a free inclusion)
THE CHRISTMAS ACTIVITY TRAIL
STOP 01: Santa’s Sleigh with FREE Christmas Selfie Props
STOP 02: Write a Letter to Santa and post in Santa’s Mail Box
STOP 03: Little artist Christmas play With FREE Painting Art Sheet
STOP 04: Bauble Zone with FREE personalised Christmas Bauble
STOP 05: Relf the Elf,,,,Elf yourself, Selfie Station
STOP 06: Magic Reindeer Food Stables with FREE Reindeer food to take home for Christmas Eve
STOP 07: Christmas Story Telling with Mrs Christmas and FREE Christmas card
STOP 08: Candy Cane & Gingerbread Man Family Selfie Zone collect a FREE candy cane
STOP 09: Ice Wonderland Snow Dome Family Selfie Zone
STOP 10: Ice Wonderland Snow Queen Family Selfie Zone
All NEW LIVE ENTERTAINMENT SHOWS
This year we have a brand-new entertainment line up! Featuring all your favourite Christmas carols and favourite characters! Kids will be invited to interact and immerse themselves with the characters and performers like never before and guaranteed to be as educational as it is entertaining! Our loveable Christmas characters will help kids navigate themselves in Santa’s Wonderland famous Activity Trail, we’ve set some brand-new challenges to make it even more fun for everyone!
Help Rudolf feed his reindeer friends, create a winter wonderland, join the selfie competition, socially distant dancing and much much more! Plus, you will your favourite Christmas characters including….
• Frosty the Snowmen
• Chrissy the Christmas Fairy
• Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
• Santa’s Elves
• The North Pole Christmas Penguin
and of course…SANTA CLAUS!