Find it at: Greenhill Road, Hazelwood Park
Hazelwood Park Playground is a beauty for families of all ages and abilities. Upgraded in 2010, this shady park with plenty to do was one of the first (and still one of our fave) parks with a nature play feel. Set in the corner of the huge reserve there is plenty of space, plenty of shade and plenty of play equipment. In the summer the Burnside Outdoor Pool is also open to the public with large, clean pools and a great kids area too..
Our family love the big softfall hill with inbuilt steps and slides, the super high climbing net, the old tractor to climb on, the dual flying fox and the sandput with dinosaur bones in it to bring out their inner paleantologist. Just a note the the playground isn’t fully fenced and while it’s relatively easy to keep an eye on the kids, parents should take extra care.
What we LOVE about Hazelwood Park Playground:
- Multiple Slides down from the large purpose built hill with softfall surface and inbuilt steps,
- Four swings
- Liberty swing and Accessible roundabout
- Slide and climbing mound
- Multiple ‘sound pipes’ (where the kids can talk to each other through the pipe)
- Dual Flying fox
- Sandpit with dinosaur bones in it and 2 elevated sand tables
- Balance beam
- Five metre tall climbing net
- Disc swing
- Old tractor to climb on
- Spacious, shaded grassed areas
- Hazelwood Park War Memorial Pavilion, including the Memorial Avenue of Gum Trees
- Bridge crossing a creek that leads to a duck-filled pond
- Cobble stone paved area surrounded by open spaces and park landscaping
- Swimming Centre in the summer months
- Liberty swing
- Smooth surfaces, wide paths and gentle slopes.