Find it at: Trimmer Parade, Westlakes
Inlet Reserve Playground is a great little playground located at the top of Trimmer Parade as you come off Military Road in a beautiful spot right next to the water. The park is new and modern with a great range of equipment for both young and older kids, including this cool climbing web that caught my eye as we were driving past.
Top spot for a picnic on the grass next to it which is also a good size for a run around or kick of the ball, as long as you’ve got semi good aim so it doesn’t end up in The Pat!
What we liked about this park
- Nice range of new and modern equipment for young and old kids with climbing ropes and frames, swings, slide.
- Nice location along the water with great patch of grass perfect for a picnic
- Great spot for a birthday party.
- Really nice and clean!
- Lots of spots to sit
- Nice clean undercover BBQ area
- Carpark right there
- Clean toilets
- Outdoor gym so you can bash out a few crunches while the kids are playing (or not!)
What we thought could be better
- As you can see from the photos there is no shad at all over the playground. No worries on a beautiful sunny Winter’s day like this, but in summer it would get pretty hot!
- If you have kids that are runners, the part is unfenced and borders the water so please keep your eyes on them.
- As far as I know there’s no shops or cafe within walking distance so pack snacks and pick up a coffee on the way. Check out our drive through coffee map for your closest one.
- Not terribly wheelchair friendly, and we’d love to see a Liberty Slide added!