OMG the giant tube slides at Woodhouse Activity Centre have just opened in Feb 2019 and it has made this awesome outdoor adventure location even *more* amazing! There are two tube slides and they are a bit like a toboggan run without the snow – super fun!
There are two choices of tube slide at Woodhouse aimed at kids aged 6 years and over BUT thrill seeker younger ones are allowed to ride with an adult. One slide is straight and built for pure adrenalin packed speed and the other that has a number of high walled curves to experience the thrill of racing around the corners. To enjoy, just grab a donut (tube), get a push and off you race!
The giant tube slides were part of the upgrades made to Woodhouse Activity Centre in advance of the 25th Australian Scout Jamboree held there in January 2019 where over 8,000 scouts were lucky enough to experience the slides and all the other awesome activities on offer at Woodhouse. Kids under 6 need to ride with an adult, but those 6 and older can enjoy the fun on their own if they are brave enough! Just a tip if you plan to ride the Woodhouse tubes slides – bring sturdy shoes and comfy clothes – you have to pull the tube up the hill between each ride!
Some of the other well loved activities at Woodhouse include those on Challenge Hill – featuring an awesome new giant maze, zipline, ‘mousetrap’ maze, bouldering wall and more!
Admission to Woodhouse Activity Centre is open to the public every day including public holidays from 9am-5pm (not catastrophic fire danger days). The Woodhouse tube slides are open 10.30-2.30 on weekends, school holidays and special events from February 2019. Available other times for groups by arrangement and Woodhouse facilitated activities including school camps, school holiday day camps and kid’s birthday parties.
Ticket prices for Woodhouse Activity Centre are
Children (4-15 years) -$12. Adults – $18. Family (2 + 2 or 1 adult + 3 children) – $50 and include the tube slides, Challenge Hill activities noted above and all the below FREE:
- BBQ sites
- Disc Golf (for all ages – instead of a ball in a hole, toss the frisbee into a net secured to a post)
- Orienteering – seven professionally designed courses from 1.6 – 2.8km. Maps, and instructions available. Follow the map, find the marked posts and solve puzzle
- Photo Hunt – check the photos you’re given, use the map and navigational skills to match the photos with checkpoints (can be done as part of orienteering)
- Scavenger Hunt (ages 4-14). We’ll give you the clues – you get to explore the wonder of Woodhouse on a real-life treasure hunt!
- Nature Art (ages 4-9) Create your own masterpiece from natural objects found around Woodhouse! A great extension of the ‘Scavenger hunt’
- Hiking – there’s many trails and 54 hectares to explore – or, use Woodhouse as your base to walk along trails through valleys and ridges throughout the wonderful Adelaide Hills to a specific destination
For more info check out their webpage here:
Woodhouse Activity Centre is located in the Adelaide Hills near Crafers, a 20min drive from the city – about 10km from the start of the South Eastern Freeway.
37 Spring Gully Road, Piccadilly. Phone 8339 3333