There’s 100 days until the Royal Adelaide Show opens it’s gates again to Adelaide from September 4 – 12 2021. To celebrate we’ve done a quick whip around the KiA team and tried to put together a list of 100 things we love the most about The Show – we got into the sixties and we need your help to finish the list. Are there any hidden secrets you love at The Royal Adelaide Show? Where is your favourite exhibit? What is your favourite ride?
Word is they’re bringing back all of our favourites this year, as well as a few exciting surprises.
Tickets go on sale on 2 August – we’ll be sure to give you plenty of warning so you don’t miss out.
- The Fireworks Display
- Dagwood dogs
- Getting a bag of 6 hot cinnamon donuts to “share”
- Circling all the showbags you want to buy from the showbag guide and then finding them all in the showbag hall
- And of course including Bertie Beetle in that list
- Learning all about agriculture on the FREE Agsplorers Track
- Pig racing
- Follow the Yellow Brick Road
- Stopping for lunch at the main arena to enjoy a show
- Sideshow alley
- Going on a scary ride with your kids at sideshow alley and instantly regretting it
12. Dog shows Every breed. All of the doggos
13. OK and the cats too…..and the birds……..and the fish…….
14. Still being terrified of the haunted house all these years later
15. Cheering on the woodchoppers
16. Free food tastings EVERYWHERE! YUM!
17. Stocking up on all our favourite SA products
18. Checking out the rooftop solar and beehive tour
19. Sitting on a police bike
20. Reptile hall and reptile show
21. Eating Poffertjes – a Royal Show tradition
22. Winning a giant stuffed toy (and spending at least $30 to win it)
23. Holding a baby chick
24. Hunting down a free massage
25. Playing on the Funky Monkey Bar display (we hope they’ll be back this year)
26. Free cooking demos
27. Free Kids shows on stage – we wonder who’ll be making an appearance this year.
28. Selfies with your favourite characters like bananas in pyjamas and paw patrol
29. Sheep shearing
30. Watching the barrel racing
31. Smelling the fumes at all the car shows
32. Milk a cow
33. The Ice cream eating competition
34. Celeb spotting
35. Playing the clown game
36. CWA scones
37. $2 toasties
38. Trying ALL the ice cream in Dairy Hall
39. Especially the Golden North Honey Icecream from the Dairy Hall
40. Making rolled Oates Golden Grains Pavillion
41. Eating a BIG pork knuckle or giant turkey drumstick – Dad’s fave
42. View from the top of Ferris wheel
43. Trying to get your head on the Channel 9 news
44. Chilling out for a while in the Quiet Zone (family retreat)
45. Pet Centre Sheep Dog Trials
46. Oooohing and Ahhhing at all the cute baby animals at the learning centre.
47. Taking the kids to the Show Museum to show them how brave you were to ride the Mad Mouse back in the day
48. V8 Ute Challenge
49. The precision driving team
50. Pony Rides
51. Getting a kids licence and riding the Pedal Tractors in the Agriculture pavilion
52. Watching the police band parade
53. Finding which cake took out first prize
54. Fairy Floss as big as your head
55. Listening to ABC Adelaide broadcast programming live
56. Watching the horse jumping
57. Trying out one of the virtual reality experiences
58. Potato on a stick
59. Watching friends and family in they make the pledge to become Australian citizens
60. Wandering through the Taste SA exhibition. YUM!
61. Watching the motocross riders
62. Being amazed by the talent on display in the Junior Art and Craft displays
63. Make your own dough in the Golden Grains Pavillion
64. Have a go at playing the Atrium Piano
65. Getting hands henna painted or an air tattoo
66. Nabbing that secret street park that you always try first (if anyone would like to share with us where that is please feel free)
67. Dropping donations on the way in at the Foodbank food donation bins.
68. Taking advantage of cheap entry days
69. Taking a look inside a real fire truck
70. Taking home a bendy balloon animal
72. Strolling through the garden exhibits
73. Dodgem cars
74. Getting a family caricature drawn
75. Entering ALL the competitions and getting ALL the follow up emails and phone calls for months later
76. Getting your face painted
If you’re after more info about this year’s Royal Adelaide Show click here for event info
click here for our Royal Adelaide Show tips for families
click here for Jacki’s tips on spending a day at the show for UNDER 100 bucks. Yep it is actually possible.